The COVID-19 pandemic has a majority of Americans more conscious of the health and embracing health tech from telemedicine to virtual work outs, according to another healthinsurance.com national survey of 1,000 U.S. adults.
64 percent think that COVID-19 has innovative health care technology and they are embracing it. 81% of people who have used telemedicine throughout the pandemic, said they will keep on doing this once the pandemic is over. That is a 35 percent growth from only half a year ago.
In a health pandemic, 83 percent are more aware of the health and the wellbeing of those around them due to COVID-19. And that’s because COVID-19 has changed so many. 68 percent said they have or know somebody who has tested positive for COVID-19. Tragically, almost 4 in 10 said they knew somebody who passed away in the COVID-19 virus. There is a glimmer of hope to the horizon with the vaccine rollout; two-thirds stated they will come across the COVID-19 vaccine once available to them.
The pandemic has many earning their wellness a priority. 26% stated they made changes to their health insurance for 2021, with the biggest reported change being raised policy. The pandemic is also changing how people work out. 36% stated they have obtained in-home exercise equipment throughout the pandemic. An additional 42% said they’ve been doing workouts.
The poll of 1,000 Adults was conducted online by Scott Rasmussen from January 12-14, 2021. Field work to the poll was conducted by RMG Research, Inc.. Certain quotas were applied to the general sample and lightly weighted by geography, gender, age, race, education, and political party to fairly reflect the country’s inhabitants. Other variables were assessed to ensure that the last sample is representative of the population.
Here are some interesting stats from the survey:
- 36% have purchased in-home exercise equipment during the pandemic
- 42 percent have been doing virtual workouts
- 52% produced a medical New Year’s Resolution
- 38% broke their New Year’s Resolution
- 26% made adjustments to their health insurance for 2021
- 65 percent of those who made adjustments, increased policy to their 2021 health Insurance
- 43 percent of those who made changes, changed their entire 2021 health insurance coverage
- 82% speed the medical and Healthcare services they receive as good or excellent
- 41 percent are worried about losing their employer-provided health coverage
- 64% think COVID-19 has advanced healthcare technology
- 48 percent have used telemedicine during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 81% will continue to use telemedicine once COVID-19 pandemic is over
- 83 percent are far more aware of their health and the wellbeing of those around them due to COVID-19
- 68% have or know Somebody Who has tested positive for COVID-19
- 39% know Somebody Who Has died from COVID-19
- 64 percent are Concerned about the healthcare costs associated with contracting COVID-19
- 66 percent will get the COVID-19 vaccine once available to them